– I got a press pass because I am a legitimate journalist. (heh)
– It was hot.
– Made it in time for Fucked Up.
– Damian Abraham sang in the crowd the majority of the time with a wired mic, just whipping and clotheslining people with it, mostly on accident.
– They played “Queen of Hearts” first because they wanted me to have a heart attack and die.
– He started a Yes! chant like Daniel F’ing Bryan.
– I stayed the fuck out of the circle pit because I am old and it was hot, but I really wanted him to hug me for some reason.
– Fucked Up was incredible.
– I sat in Proof to cool off and eat a chicken sandwich. It was awesome, but I missed Tajh.
– Made it back for Dinosaur Jr.
– They were loud.
– J. had some guitar issues, and he seemed grumpy, but Lou Barlow was awesome.
– They played for a long time and closed with a cover of The Cure’s “Just Like Heaven”
– Dinosaur Jr. was incredible.
– I went on a wild goose chase to find my friend Moose serving beer, only to realize that he was pretty much right behind me the whole time.
– Missed most of Gibbs because of it, which sucked. Not the set, the fact that I missed most of it.
– Made it back for Avetts.
– The Avett Brothers were incredible.
– I cried during “I and Love and You”. Don’t judge me.
– Caught Little Ruckus at Mews afterwards, but left before Terror Pigeon because I am old and tired.
– Little Ruckus was incredible.
– I got medium to mostly drunk.
– Woke up with a headache.